Ai Picture Explorer v8
Ai Picture Explorer (AiPICX) is an all-in-one
graphics application that views, edits, enhances, manages and organizes photos -- plays multimedia
too. It empowers digital photo enthusiats with advanced
batch image processing and conversion capabilities.
Included Batch UnZipper
extracts multiple ZIPs unattended. Integrated batch rename, move and delete
functions seamlessly integrate with its
Slide Album to help collectors review
organize and delete image collections. Content providers (and collectors) can
create thumbnailed HTML catalogs for DVD/CD media or simply track contents of
removable media with contact sheets
and 3D navigation buttons.
Novices will appreciate our
Web Pages for Dummies
Its Slide Album can quickly find and thumbnail entire drives (or offline volumes on DVD/CD)
and organize images by visual content to find modified duplicates -- aside
from database queries by date, size, keyword ... Our proprietary
Image Analysis routines can quantify and rank picture quality. You can also
create impressive slideshows
(or presentations) with choice of 173 cool effects, variable delays, windows-in-windows,
gamma, background color, rotation, comments and other properties (per slide).
Our speedy viewer is unmatched and includes gamma and widescreen viewing options; included
JPEG Wizard creates tiny files with amazing quality. Everyday imaging tools include standard editing
functions; EXIF camera and JPEG comments; collage creation grids; "red eye" removal;
auto fixes and enhancements;
TWAIN camera and scanner acquisition; instant wallpaper; variable print sizes and positions;
smooth resizing; rotate-by-degree; screen capture; color reduction and more ...
Batch image processing and conversion can be applied to a million files -- unattended;
unique smoothing and sharpening filters, bitmap compute and histogram-based functions
can be combined in vast sequences to correct and enhance any image
Popular format support includes PNG, FlashPix, PhotoCD, Photoshop, GIF, BMP, PCX, TGA, WMF, DCX, Multi-page TIF
(with anti-aliasing for easier reading), MKV, MP4, MP3, WAV, AVI, FLAC, APE, OGG, M4A, MP3, MIDI, CD audio, WMV, WMA, ASF and more ...
AiPICX v8.9 (Major Update)
- Added UNEQUALIZE function.
- restores information in bright regions of interest
- makes white transparent materials more sheer
- corrects overexposed images
- Added BOOST BRIGHTNESS function.
- surfaces information in bright regions of interest
- makes dark transparent materials more sheer
- corrects underexposed images
- Optimized multi-core thumbnailing (up to eight cores).
- Optimized multi-core embedded thumbnail extraction.
- Added MKV (Matroska Multimedia Container) support.
- Added MP4 (MPEG-4) support.
- Enhanced JPEG thumbnail extraction with
updated application marker detection and improved detection
of files that are not JFIF-compliant.
- Added 80+ MegaPixel support (e.g., 7760x10328).
- Improved JPEG partial views.
- JPEG decoding now includes 1:16 and 1:32nd sampling for FAST viewing.
- JPEG partial view selection dialog now facilitates finer settings.
- Improved thumbnail caching.
- Cache folder can be assigned to larger or faster drives (e.g., thumb drive).
- Records now sport '.REC' extension for faster shell (system) response.
- Records now store more information to avoid redundant file access.
- Cache folder and records can be excluded from real-time anti-virus
scanning to accelerate performance of thumbnail generation and retrieval.
- 'Redo thumbs' function now skips embedded previews when you need to update only
selected thumbnails with corrupted or mismatched previews.
- Built-in Explorer now appends slides to Slide Album with
recursive folder listings of a selected folder.
- Enhanced Lab Script.
- Added 'No Undo' option for faster batch processing (e.g., 1000s of files).
- Added 'Add commands as JPEG comment' for referencing and tracking Lab modifications.
- Added 'Fix Aspect Ratio' function to scale marquee to original image proportions
(e.g., 1920x2880 marquee inside 4800x7200 original).
- Added fine edge UNSHARPMASK function option.
- Faster filter functions; up to 20% faster for UnsharpMask and Cleaning filters.
- Added CROP_EX lab command with rectangle parameters that can be easily edited.
- Enhanced marquee.
- Setting marquee with CRTL key reuses width/ height dimensions .
- Current marquee can be moved to new [x,y] coordinates with automatic clipping.
- LOADFILE lab command now supports wildcard to load the same filename with a different extension.
Facilitates batch image processing to include images that were prepared by
a previous batch process.
- Retooled RESIZE functions for speed.
- Added DISTILL function to quickly downsample images with subtle smoothing effect to avoid
'jaggies' and JPEG artifacts.
- RESAMPLE%% and RESIZE%% lab commands are now accurately tracked with exact parameters
to modify similar images.
- Added MOD as second parameter for even boundaries. Applies to RESIZE, RESAMPLE and DISTILL commands.
- Retooled CONFORM functions to remap the colors of any image during a session using statistics
of a reference image.
- Added GET_CONFORM_DATA to save Conform data in memory.
- Added USE_CONFORM_DATA to remap colors of current image with Conform data in memory.
- Added USE_CONFORM_SAT_DATA to remap saturation plane with Conform data in memory.
- Increased size of image processing dialog/ preview.
- Increased size of JPEG Compression dialog/ preview.
- Added folder size calculation of listed files to Explorer window.
- Added filename (of viewed image) to Comparison window panes.
- Added 'Open Containing Folder' function for shortcuts.
- Added Reload menu command to viewer popup menu.
- Added Batch Rename function to convert filenames to lowercase.
- Confirmation dialogs now reappear in moved positions during a session.
- Simplified Clear cache function.
- Added Explore pop-up command to Viewer window.
- Replaced BORDER_TopBot with BORDER_LetterBox.
- Alt-D sets focus on Viewer's Pathbox (similar to Firefox).
- Enlarged Print Dialog for greater precision when positioning print image.
- Help file rewritten in compiled HTML format (CHM) format with active context sensitive help.
- Obsolete CD Player removed from Explorer window menu; slideshow functionality retained.
- MASK_CONTRAST preview and apply results were different; corrected.
- Flipping between fitted view and region zoom was disabled when image was modified; corrected.
- Batch conversions to BMP failed depending on memory configuration; corrected.
- Batch conversions to JPG aborted on some multi-core systems with complex lab command scripts; corrected.
- Accumulated recent links eventually caused a prompt to delete invalid shortcut; corrected.
- Images exceeding maximum PhotoCD dimensions were skipped; corrected.
- URL files could not be deleted/ recycled; corrected.
Click here to view previous updates.